UNION MILLS, N.C., Feb. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Summary: Mountain Bird Designs is the newest member of The Made in America Movement. We are a start-up textile company in Western North Carolina. In addition to being committed to having our products made in America with fair pay, we balance profit with mission to contribute to positive change. We have carefully selected our vendors, manufacturers and distributors to minimize our carbon footprint while supporting fair paying jobs in America.
Our premier products are business bags and wallet clutches that feature original artwork created by artists who share our mission. Our products are solidly crafted and designed for professional women who crave businesslike function without corporate stodginess. They are perfect for women who want to stand out in the crowd. No where else will you find bags like ours – unique, artistic, and solidly made in America in a socially responsible way. You can carry this bag proudly knowing that you are supporting artists and the made in America movement.
Our mission to contribute to positive change is built into every step of our production process.
For the past 2 years, we have worked diligently to establish relationships with organizations that share our mission and we are ready to begin production, once we have raised the$25,000 in capital that is needed to get the wheels in motion.
Here is what we have in place:
- Strong connections with the art community to include art created by talented artists who support our mission.
- The artwork featured on our products will be printed locally in North Carolina on recycled fabric using water-based ink with a process that generates minimal waste.
- Our fabrics will be woven in our county by the Abercrombie Textile Mill with fibers made from recycled water bottles.
- Our products will be cut and sewn by a local member-owned fair pay cut and sew cooperative in Morganton, NC.
- Our products will be packed and shipped by OE Enterprises, a nearby North Carolinafulfillment center that provides opportunities for personal and professional growth for persons with disabilities and other barriers.
Our social responsibility doesn’t stop there. Ten percent of each purchase will be contributed to GreenHouse17 and Feeding America. The buyer chooses.
GreenHouse17 is a domestic violence shelter located in Kentucky that has received many awards for their innovative and sustainable approach to nurturing domestic violence survivors and their children.
Feeding America is a nationwide network of food banks providing food to more than 46 million people through 60,000 food pantries and meal programs.
Our capital fundraising campaign began on February 2, 2016. We are using the Indiegogo fund raising platform to raise the $25,000 we need to cover the initial production cost. Contributors to the campaign will receive perks for their donations which include business bags, wallet clutches, signed limited edition prints and tunics. Contributors during the campaign receive reduced prices with our Early Bird Specials. The estimated delivery time for our first production line is July 2016.
Help us launch a made in America art-driven, environmentally conscious textile business that will help thousands of domestic violence survivors and families who are facing hunger.