Realtyna has made a place through marketing verbiage and pricing. The solution does outperform many competitors in terms of SEO capabilities, but still falls well behind SEO king Showcase IDX for both help ranking your site and retaining qualified leads.
Realtyna Pros & Cons:
- SEO: Realtyna does not use iFrames or subdomains like IDX Broker or iHomefinder. Most of their content does render as native content to Google. The term “organic MLS integration” is a term they created to sound unique, in our opinion. In reality, many other vendors integrate in a similar fashion and many do it even better. See our 2020 IDX and Home Search Report for more details.
- Pricing: This is both a pro and a con. We hear from some agents that liked this model. More below.
- Pricing: Realtyna claims by paying upfront that it’s an “owned license model” but you pay significantly more upfront and you are still betting the company will be around to honor the license in the future. See more on pricing below.
- Overhyped claims: The Realtyna’s website claims 25 million lines of code. If this is true, it’s poorly written code. If that’s a claim for all of the work their team has done at other companies and on other products over the years to show experience, that could be true but then that would not apply to the current product. In the end, as an agent, you simply care that marketing technology works.
- Lack of Focus on Products: Marketing Solutions fall into two broad categories: all-in-one platforms/tools and best-of-breed niche products. It’s accepted knowledge within the real estate industry that Zillow spent approximately $25 million just to ingest and normalize data. A small company cannot hope to do that, while focused on a dozen products. Realtyna though is trying to offer IDX, lead generation, social media tools, broker/office solutions, wordpress themes, etc. That has never been a long-term recipe for success without tens of millions in venture capital or private equity capital. If you need those solutions, either choose specific best-of-breed niche products or go with a true all-in-one like Real Geeks or kVcore.
- Support: Talk to agent that have tried them and you’ll hear unhappy stories of support. When the product works, agents are happy. For those that have issues or questions, you’ll hear responses from real estate agents like this one “Realtyna has this cute little policy where they will not talk to you on the phone. You must submit a trouble ticket and they will reply within 24 to 48 hours. Or at their convenience, if at all. And when they do, it will be with a text book, boilerplate answer directing you back to their unhelpful help section or their manual.”
What makes Realtyna unique?
They’ve attempted to disrupt the real estate and marketing industry with a different pricing model.
There is a reason every other technology product that is valuable over time and useful today charges per month or per year. It’s a proven business model that keeps the company’s interest and the clients’ interests aligned.
Many agents have tried a variety of IDX and marketing tools in the past with poor results. We understand that, as confirmed from our recent survey of the best real estate tools and our IDX report. Agents buy a tool, pay for it for months/years, and then realize, that the tool did not help their business. Realtyna has attempted to capitalize on this feeling by charing upfront only. The reality is that an agent will pay significantly more upfront compared to other options and there are better options from an ROI perspective.
The reality is that your total cost for 1 – 5 years of your IDX may be much higher when you “add-on” additional features. Most agents are barely with the same broker for 5 years (5 years is the average according to NAR)
- WordPress Plugin (bare bones): $199 one-time
- MLS Add-On: $950 one-time
- Advanced Portal Search Add-on: $550
- CRM Add-on (Lite): $350
- CRM Add-on (Unlimited): $1,850
- Zapier Add-on (needed to connect with other tools): $350
- School Info Add-on: $250
- Demographic Information Add-on: $550
- Neighborhood Add-on: $350
- Premium Support: $60
- Optimizer Add-on: $49
Overall, the solution is respectable, but make sure you are comparing the true cost and value with other options.
Need help building your website or have questions about other parts of your marketing? Talk with one the Top 17 Real Estate Marketing Agencies in the United States.