The Made In America Store Reaches 9 Major Milestones in 2019
Mark Andol and the Made in America Store are celebrating 9 years of saving and creating jobs in the U.S.A. From growing their American made product lines to building the nation’s first World Distribution Center supplying wholesale clients, Mark Andol has met 9 milestones in 2019, thanks to the success of the Made in America Store.
The flagship Made in America Store will host an anniversary event at 1000 West Maple Court in Elma, NY on Armed Forces Day, Saturday, May 18th. The celebration will showcase live music by Nashville Recording Artist Ricky Lee, as well as DiamondBack, food for sale by Mikey Dee’s Food Truck, and a vendor marketplace with some of our 100% U.S. made vendors.
From growing their American made product lines to building the nation’s first World Distribution Center supplying wholesale clients, Mark Andol has met 9 milestones in 2019, thanks to the success of the Made in America Store.
- Brand new one-stop, 100% American made e-commerce site for retail, wholesale, tours & events – Customers can now purchase 100% American made products 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on the Made in America Store’s brand new website. Unveiled on February 6th, 2019, the new website streamlines the purchasing process for nearly 9,000 products.
- Niagara Falls Souvenir & Gift Shop – In 2013, Mark Andol opened the first and only 100% U.S.A. made souvenir & gift shop in Niagara Falls, NY. This natural wonder of the world attracts 8 million tourists each year, and these travelers are looking for American made souvenirs to take home.
- 9,000+ Products – Mark Andol delivers on his promise to offer 100% U.S.A. manufactured products, right down to the packaging and glue. This task wasn’t easy, as Andol first opened the store in April 3rd, 2010, with only 50 products. That soon changed, as manufacturers started to reach out. The Made in America Store quickly outgrew its original location of 6,000 sq. ft., and moved into the bigger, 18,000 sq. ft. flagship location in 2016. Today, the Made in America Store carries more than 9,000 products from 500+ independently owned manufacturers.
- World Distribution Center / 200+ Wholesale Accounts – In May 2012, the Made in America Store opened its World Distribution Center to answer the demand by other retailers for Made in America items. With the capabilities of servicing mom & pop stores, museum gift shops, and retailers across America, it’s easier than ever to supply the nation with 100% U.S.A. made, ultimately creating and saving jobs in manufacturing. The Made in America Store will even break down cases to fill custom-sized orders or test a line of products, creating a solution that best fits the needs of retailers of every size.
- Became Home Base for Buffalo Niagara Honor Flight – The Made in America Store is dedicated to thanking our U.S. Military and Veterans who have served the U.S. Armed Forces, providing a 10% discount every day, both online and in-store. Now, the Made in America Store has teamed up with Buffalo Niagara Honor Flight, a non-profit organization that honors America’s Veterans for all of their sacrifices. Honor Flight provides World War II, Korea, and Vietnam veterans all-expense paid trips to Washington, DC to see their memorials. The brick & mortar headquarters of Buffalo Niagara Honor Flight is fully donated by the Made in America Store and is co-located in its World Distribution Center.
- 900 Buses, making Elma, NY, a destination – The Made in America Store has put Elma, New York on the map. Only 20 minutes from downtown Buffalo and Buffalo Niagara International Airport, the Made in America Store will host its 900th tour bus filled with enthusiastic Americans this year. These tourists are curious to see what Americans are making and eager to support jobs in the United States. The flagship store at 1000 West Maple Court was custom-designed to provide a complete hospitality experience. We responded to the demand by bus groups for our store to serve as an en route rest and snack stop. We offer a spotlessly clean ladies’ restroom with six stalls, free motorcoach parking, and dumping facilities right across the street. Coaches can even purchase diesel fuel, obtain light maintenance service, and utilize a vehicle wash next door.
- Thousands of pairs of socks donated for “Socks For Soldiers” – Through Wigwam Socks and the Mama Cindy Soldier Program, the Made in America Store has donated thousands of pairs of socks to U.S. troops serving overseas. Any customer can purchase and donate socks, adding to those already donated by Wigwam and the Made In America Store.
- American Made Movie – In 2013, Mark Andol’s story was the central focus of the documentary, the American Made Movie. This film features Mark Andol, the Made in America Store, and its parent company, General Welding & Fabricating, in a non-political documentary that examines the decades-long decline of American manufacturing. The film shows how, through educated consumerism, everyone can be a part of the rebirth in U.S. manufacturing. Today, Mark Andol uses the documentary as a tool to help educate students, teachers, and parents of the value of skilled trades education as an option for students who will become the workforce of tomorrow.
- Growth of the Skilled Trades Movement in schools – With the American Made Movie in hand, Mark Andol has started a movement with local schools to prepare the next generation for rewarding careers in skilled trades, innovation, and manufacturing. The movement has spread across the country. With nearly half a million vacant jobs in the blue-collar segment of our economy, Andol’s story of lost opportunities due to a shortage of workers is reverberating throughout the country.
About The Made In America Store
Established in 2010, the Made in America Store is the nation’s only 100% U.S.A. made department store. With more than 9,000 products from 500+ manufacturers and artisans, the Made in America Store’s mission is to create and save jobs in the United States of America by increasing U.S. manufacturing for our children’s future. To shop for American made products and for more information, visit The Made In America Store’s website.
About The Made in America Movement
The Made in America Movement is the leading independent, non-partisan, objective organization dedicated to promoting American businesses and the families that rely on them. The Made In America Movement was founded in 2010 out of a passion to see more jobs come back to The United States of America. Today, MAM represents over 20,000 American sourced companies and has over 520,000 active consumer members. To learn how to become a MAM Member, visit the website.